Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week 68: Book of Mormon Stories, Working at fever pitch, and Cats!

Hello family!

This week has been a miracle of finding families, yea you better
believe it, families. Like more than just a lonely Spanish or African
man. Families. I'll just start off with the big one. Gerardo, the man
we found last week, accepted a fecha for Christmas Eve, and during an
intercambio this last week with Elder Byington, we were able to meet
and teach his two daughters Jasalina (18) and Aresli (12). They both
seemed pretty timid at first, but through the lesson (and the lesson
after), they were marking the scriptures we were reading in the Book
of Mormon, and they read the chapter (2 Nephi 31). We also followed up
with Gerardo with him reading the Book of Mormon, and he had read the
folleto on the restoration, and read all the scriptures in the Bible
and the footnotes to chapter 31. I've never seen anyone do that, my
jaw dropped a bit when he told us. The week was made all the better by
them three coming to sacrament meeting and the other meetings
yesterday. Tonight we plan to read with them a little, teach about the
plan of salvation and invite the daughters to be baptized the same
day. Amazing progress and faith with this family.

With the help of some members (Jerandy and Jessie), we also found a
less active family, who apparently moved from their last address a few
years ago and live just two doors down from us. What? They also have
two kids, a son, Aaron, and a daughter, Carla, who could get baptized
too! They're coming to the Christmas dinner this week with the Rama so
we are praying that they have a good time with the members!

Also discovery of the day, the post office here is just as crazy as in
the U.S. You'll find some Christmas goodies at the doorstep soon
though.

Also, at a members house while doing service (our branch president, his
names Godofredo, or President Flores for short), I got attacked by
their cat. We were waiting for lunch, Elder Byington and
I (intercambio), and well, to fill time I started poking the cat with a
remote, and it kept meowing. So I kept doing that, until it jumped out
and scratched my hand, leaving me to have to clean up blood with a
paper towel during lunch. Lesson learned; don't bother cats.

Saturday night while visiting that part member family too, I was
coming down with a fever. I started getting the chills after lunch,
and well, I ended up having to push through the night with what
eventually came out as a high fever by the end. Luckily we were fed
lots of hot chocolate so that helped with the chills. But come time to
go home, I passed out, barely making it to church the next morning. As
you read earlier it was worth it though, and were super pumped to
hopefully baptized this family on Christmas Eve! (Also my sleeptalking
worsens when I have a fever).

It's been a great week, lots of little miracles, characters (crazy
street guy, Quigbe, an old woman who kept touching my stomach, I could
name a lot), but I know that this is the Lord’s work. I know that as we
serve as Christ did (and it's not hard to find those moments if we ask
Him for them), living the gospel just becomes that much easier!

I love you family! Stay safe and have a merry second to last week
before Christmas!

πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸŒ΄Elder Taylor Moulton🌲πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ
 A lizard we found
Sad day when the family of Yinyer leaves to England - they're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment